you can tell a lot by a womans hands, for instance, she has hooves? horse.
excuse you, what if she’s a moose? deer? cow? unicorn? there are so many other hooved beings, don’t be so narrow-minded.
Went from comedic to real as fuck in like 2 seconds
A Selk’nam couple with their baby, on a ship en route to be exhibited in Europe as “wildmen”. The Selk’nam people are an indigenous tribe in the Patagonian region of Southern Argentina and Chile. Both appear to have slight damage on their ankles from cruel, probably iron, restraints.
The fear and confusion on their face is haunting. For people who had lived a simple hunting and gathering lifestyle, with little European interaction, the rest of their lives must’ve seemed like a surreal nightmare.
Abducted by aliens.
I really want to know who these people are/what happened to them
SO I DID A BIT OF DIGGING AND HOLY SHIT. THE SELK’HAM PEOPLE WERE WIPED OUT IN A MASS GENOCIDE.
LIKE… THEY ARE NO MORE. THE DESCENDENTS OF THIS COUPLE DO NOT EXIST.
AN ENTIRE LANGUAGE. AN ENTIRE CUISINE. AN ENTIRE WAY OF LIFE. WIPED AWAY.
YA’LL WANT SOME FUCKING WHITE HISTORY MONTH? HERE IS SOME GOD DAMN WHITE HISTORY FOR YOU TO PUT NEXT TO ALL THOSE SHINNY IMAGES OF THESE WHITE MEN WHO “DISCOVERED THE WORLD”.
HANG THIS IMAGE IN ALL THE DAMN CLASSROOMS. I’M DONE.
watch both their faces go from “courteous TV smile” to “not paid enough for this bullshit”
There’s already a shitload of downside to men being presidents.
I’m convinced that fish are just puppies with gills :3
puffer fish especially are very smart. i read they can recognize ppl and are very friendly ive seen a few sites calling them aqua-dogs hahah -0- thats so cute.
We are forced to live in a system that steals from us daily, Kill snitch culture.
Important things to keep in mind!
- never take from ‘mom and pop’ type store. Its likely you’ll actually harm them, whereas taking from a walmart wont effect much.
- never take items that a worker is assigned to monitor (usually super expensive items), theyll be in trouble for it. and its usually a minimum wage worker and usually they lose hours or pay, or they even get fired.
- similar to the above, never take things that are usually locked up for the above reason
- if its a store you know gives their near-expiration products to workers/charity, try to avoid taking the near expiration products.
- if youre taking clothing, avoid leaving hangers. it sounds weird, but itll make it seem like it was more likely an error in the computer than a theft, since the empty hanger sitting there will seem suspicious.
- also for clothing, try not to take more than one item at once, as it will look suspicious if theres 10 medium shirts missing, and it won’t be written off as just a stocking error. and it will lead to workers being penalized
- basically just always consider ‘will this harm a worker’ and if the answer is yes then dont do it
like i was homeless for a while when i was younger and i tried to follow those guidelines to avoid doing harm to people who were probably not much better off than me while trying to get food for myself.
Holy crap, is there like an unspoken thieves code or something?!
it’s a thing. I won’t even lie. I watched someone slip a nursing exam book in their bag at the store I worked at. She made eye contact with me and the blood drained from her face. I simply gave her a sympathetic nod and walked away.
I live in a small town and I knew she was a waitress at a hotel my sister works at, and people at that hotel don’t tip well during off season. Nursing exam books are 50+ bucks. Being a med student myself, I didn’t even breathe a word, and when inventory came up later and the book was missing, I suggested it was likely a mislabel, and the manager wrote it off.
Sometimes, thievery is a necessity. Don’t send people to jail over petty things.
theft for many is survival in this system and taking away from multi-billion dollar companies that are a part of the oppressive capitalist system
wow, I’ve never thought about it that way…
Helpful if you ever need to go on the run…
swag won’t pay the bills but apparently neither will your degree
being an introvert is really hard because there is no polite way to tell someone that you’re in a bad mood because you’re exhausted from socializing.